Sunday, November 29, 2009

Helping Out! Week #6


We were finishing up breakfast yesterday morning and I asked Paige what she wanted to do this week. She glanced out the front window and said she'd like to help someone. Awesome idea. "Can I help someone rake their leaves?" Great! Of coarse I love the fitness aspect of it! I asked her who she'd like to help out and she quickly replied "aunt Wendy".
A little about aunt Wendy...she's my aunt so therefore Paige's great aunt and she is an AMAZING woman. I have so many memories growing up with her...camping, learning to drive (another blog one day!), painting our toes and bottom line she was there for me when I needed to talk. Paige thought of her without any coaching from me either! She picked up the phone and called her right away. Luckily she was home and uncle Glyn was too. So we grabbed our rake and headed over.

Wendy and Paige did a great job! And inspired uncle Glyn to start putting up the Christmas lights. It was a fun afternoon! Paige filled 2 large garbage bins with leaves and I was pretty amazed with her determination to do a great job. Not only did she give her time this week...she spent it with someone special to her. A day neither of them will soon forget.


Be Phat!

No comments: