Friday, February 5, 2010

Week #13

On a routine trip to the grocery store Paige and I walked in the door and I went to grab a basket. I glanced back to see Paige staring at a poster that read "Give a Tonnie. Fill a Tummy!". She looked up at me and asked "can I give to this? I want to help fill some tummies." We had filled a baggie from her piggie bank at home last week and I store it in my purse for moments like this. It's awesome to see her give from what she had been saving up. Her favorite babysitter Leah gave her the piggie bank when she was three. She's big on saving..so we're even happier that she's also learning about sharing.

Toonies for Tummies is a program run by The Grocery Foundation. It was launched to make a difference in the lives of children who experience hunger every day. Not only can you donate at your local grocery store (Longo's. Sobey's, Metro, Highland Farms, etc..)but also online at http://www.groceryfoundation.com/ , click DONATE and follow the prompts.


This is a great opportunity to make a BIG difference to the children in our community.

No comments: